Completed senior memory books lay on top of each other. These books featured written journals and pictures taken by seniors in their final year of high school.
by Zach Jones

Senior English Classes Create Memory Books

Senior English classes are working on “senior memory books” as they wrap up their final six weeks at Lindale. Throughout the year, seniors wrote a number of “journal entries” that they are putting together with pictures and then having printed to create a book detailing their memories and thoughts about senior year.

“It’s a great way to stop and remember all the things that my students have done throughout the year,” senior English teacher Renee Ramsey said. “Having it in a paper form is unlike the overwhelming sea of digital everything this year.”

Over the period of the year, seniors wrote up to 100 journals consisting of five sentences describing their favorite memories, quotes, and visions of the future. Students then had to choose twenty of these journals to include in their final memory book.

“I think it really is a great thing to look back at after I graduate,” senior Kelsey Schwartz said. “It’s like my own personal yearbook that helps me commemorate the time I’ve spent in high school.”

Following their completion of the memory books, senior English teachers send the memory books to be printed.  Before they graduate, seniors will receive the finished copy of their work.

“I am really excited to see the final product of mine,” senior Braden Heizer said. “I put a lot of effort into making it something I really could be proud of and could want to look back at decades in the future.”