Floral design students wait in the student parking lot to pass out roses. Over 100 roses were passed out.
Photo By Kevin Willis

Floral Design Class Passes Out Roses

Lindale Floral and the floral design class participated in a Petal It Forward event on October 23. 

“Lindale Floral reached out to us about this event called Petal It Forward,” floral design teacher Cleveland Morris said. “It makes people happy, and it makes me happy to please them.”

The floral design students  each received two bouquets of flowers, and they passed them to students  who kept one rose for themselves and gave another away.

“I am very proud of my floral design class,” Morris said. “They really got into the spirit of the event and the bouquets looked great.”

Lindale Floral also did the same event in the morning, except they passed their roses to people who were waiting in the long car lines on South St. This was all in hopes of brightening someone’s day. 

“I enjoyed making the bouquets and passing them around, ” junior La’Launa Moffit said. “The smiles on people’s faces as they receive a rose is priceless.”

The event was started by the Society of American Florists in order to bring awareness to the benefits fresh flowers have on the human spirit. Together they reached about 108 people.

“Hopefully this will be a welcomed event, and we can continue to team up with the LHS floral design class every year from here on out,” Lindale Floral employee Jennifer Darr said.