Students Needed for Community Service Projects

The Chick-Fil-A Academy is having a service day called “Project SOAR” on April 15 where clubs and organizations of the high school get together and serve the community. The organizations will be going throughout Lindale and helping people in need. Students who participate will get free Chick-Fil-A for lunch.

“Lindale ISD would not be where it is without the outstanding support of this community,” Deputy Superintendent Jamie Holder said. “I’d like to invite all Lindale High School students to join us on Good Friday as we get a chance to give back to this special community that we live in.”

The students who participate will be able to gain service hours for TJC. Service projects that the students will be doing include working at the food pantry, cleaning up houses, picking up trash on the side of the road, and other projects beneficial to the community.

“The reason why we chose to do this is because it’s bigger than us,” senior Isaac Pollard said. “It’s actually helping the people [in the community] out, and you’ll see, if you come, that they’re very grateful for this.”

Participants in Project SOAR will meet at 9 am on April 15th and will then disperse into groups. The project will end around lunch time and free Chick-Fil-A will be provided.

“This will be a great day to help those in our community,” junior Sydney Toon said. “We don’t realize it but a lot of people need help and even if it’s raking someone’s yard or painting someone’s house, these are small needs that make an impact.”