Senior Sam Peterson pitches during their game against Spring Hill.
Brooklyn Lamb

Sports Recap March 28 – April 1

The varsity tennis team competed in the Spring District Tournament this past week. Lindale took 1st place overall with a total of 103 points and both the girls and boys placed 1st as well. The baseball, softball, golf, and track teams also competed during the week of March 28 – to April 1.

“I am so proud of these players,” tennis coach Randal Namanny said. ”Their hard work really paid off.”

The boys ended with a total of 52.5 points and the girls ended with a total of 50.5 points. In boy’s singles, sophomore Emilio Rodriguez placed 2nd and senior Chance Bundy placed 4th. In girl’s singles, sophomores Nicole Hines placed 2nd and Aaralyn Nilson placed 6th.

“I’m really proud of how our team did overall,” Rodriguez said. “I have a feeling regionals will be really successful for us this year.”

In boys doubles, senior Hunter Graham and sophomore Hayden Harry placed 1st, and juniors Ian Wishart and Sylas Dutton placed third. In girl’s doubles, freshman Bree Taylor and junior Taegan Michel placed first, and sophomore Zoe Bozick and junior Bailey Thorn placed 3rd. In mixed doubles, Junior Bailee Lane and senior Taegan Terry placed 1st, and juniors Soren Peterson and Reeci Morgan placed 4th.

“This season has been so much fun and the friendships I have made will last me a lifetime,” Morgan said. “I can’t wait for regionals.”

Regional qualifiers are Rodriguez, Hines, Michel, Taylor, Graham, Harry, Terry, and Lane. The Regional Tournament will be held in Longview on Monday and Tuesday of next week.

“I have high hopes for how our team will do next week,” Lane said. “I’m sure we will do great and have fun doing it.”

The boys and girls varsity golf teams played in their two day district tournament on March 28 and 29. The girls team placed second in the district behind Bullard and qualified for the regional tournament on April 20 and 21.

“We all played really well at our district tournament,” junior Lauren VanAndel said. “I am so excited to have the opportunity to compete at regionals this month. I know we will do great.”

The Lady Eagles varsity softball team played Chapel Hill on March 29. They won with a score of 6-1. 

“We were all nervous about this game so we were proud of this win,” Vickery said. “The rest of the season is going to be very successful for us.”

The softball team also played Henderson April 1. They played well, but  took a hard loss of 0-9. 

“We were all disappointed about the game because we all knew we could’ve done much better,” Gary said. “Our next game we will come back and play much better.”

The varsity baseball team played one game last week against Spring Hill on Tuesday, March 29. They lost with a score of 0-8.

“Last week we didn’t play as well as we would’ve wanted,” freshman Caleb Hart said. “I’m just glad to be a part of this amazing team where we are all closely connected.”

The varsity track team both competed in a meet on April 1. The boys placed 4th and the girls placed 3rd.

“Track meets are always such a fun experience,” sophomore Casey Poe said. “I love getting to hang out with my friends all day while competing in some really fun events.”