Sophomores Justin Seekford, Levi Simmons, and 
Jaclyn Brandon wins Blue Ribbon for their entry way gate. It was super fun and a really good experience, Simmons said. For my first show, it went really good and we got the highest ranking.
Sophomores Justin Seekford, Levi Simmons, and Jaclyn Brandon wins Blue Ribbon for their entry way gate. “It was super fun and a really good experience,” Simmons said. “For my first show, it went really good and we got the highest ranking.”

Lindale Ag and UIL Students compete

Lindale hosted the UIL tournament and won 1st place overall against other schools on Jan. 15. Students competed and placed in events like computer science, journalism, science, spelling and vocabulary.

“The Lindale meet every year takes a lot of time, a lot of effort, and a lot of energy to pull off,” Lindale’s UIL coordinator Rory McKenzie said. “Our sponsors really keep it together and our kids that competed did a great job. We had a lot of schools from different areas, so it was great to see how we compared to those schools.”

In the same weekend, the Ag students attended the Fort Worth Ag. Mechanics show. Students earned the Entry Way Gate Ribbon, Shop Table Blue Ribbon, Goat Tote Blue Ribbon, and the 100 Ton Press Red Ribbon.

I am very proud of the Ag. Mechanics Show Team for the hard work they put in to complete and show their projects at the Ft Worth Ag. Mechanics show,” agricultural mechanics teacher Ethen Ragsdale said. “Three of the projects received blue ribbons and one received a red ribbon.”