Senior receives award from State Farm

Senior receives award from State Farm

The intercom beeped once as the room’s intercom system came to life.  “Please send Nic Borger to the counselors’ office,” Teri Hodges sweetly announced.  Upon arrival, Nic found the counselors huddled around a tall man with a bag of goodies and a plaque in his hand.  “Nic, you did it.  You won.”

The March State Farm Good Neighbor Award was presented to senior Nic Borger on March 28. The award was presented by State Farm sponsor RJ Collins, Assistant Principal Bryan Mendez, and Counselor Teri Hodges.

“I think they gave me the award because of the whole of what I’ve done throughout high school,” Nic Borger said. It was “the academics and outside of school, Eagle Scout and everything else as a whole together.”

The R.J. Collins State Farm Insurance Good Neighbor Award is presented once a month during the school year to a student who represents the core values of Lindale High School: accountability, commitment, discipline, honesty, integrity, ownership, respect and responsibility. Students are nominated for the award by Lindale High School counselors and administrators and receive a framed certificate, a gift card to Doc’s Pizza in Lindale and a travel safety kit from Collins.

“What’s neat about this award is that it recognizes students at a high performance school that my not be at the top of everything,” State Farm Good Neighbor Award sponsor R.J. Collins said. “It’s the great kids that are doing the right things every day.”

Nic plans on attending Texas A&M University to major either in business or forensic science.  He either wants to work for the FBI  or participate in real estate investing.  Nic also recently received a ROTC scholarship to have three years of tuition paid at Texas A&M.  Nic is proud of his time at Lindale and is looking forward to the future.

“I think Lindale is a great school,” Borger said.   “It really challenges you.  It’s a great atmosphere.”