Senior Marleigh Thurman hits the volleyball over the net. The Lady Eagles 6-0 undefeated in district.
Photo By Conner Belcher

Volleyball Sweeps Bullard

Lindale Lady Eagles Volleyball had a clean sweep Tuesday night at home against Bullard. Varsity won in three sets 25-22, 25-21, and 25-20. Shelbi Steen led with 18 kills, 11 digs, 1 block, 1 assist, and 1 ace. Alondra Romero had 4 kills, 7 digs, and an ace. Brenley Philen also added 4 kills. Skylar Wyllie put up 3 kills, 2 digs, 1 block, 1 assist, and an ace. Setter Kalaya Pierce ran the court extremely well with 31 assists, 3 digs, 1 kill,1 block, and an ace. The Lady Eagles improved their record to 19-0 overall and 6-0 in district play.

The Junior Varsity Lady Eagles won in two sets 25-23 and 25-23. Maddox Lay led with 6 kills. Anna Ivy put up 4 kills. Kennedy Weesner was solid defensively from the libero position. They are now 11-7 overall and 5-1 in district.
Freshman A Team also beat Bullard 25-20 and 25-18. Whitney Dao had 4 kills, 3 blocks, and Fynlie Tidwell added 4 kills and 2 blocks. Tatum Woodard had 2 kills, 3 blocks, 6 assists, and 4 aces. Megan McGee recorded 6 digs for the Lady Eagles. Maddy Luster had 5 digs, 3 aces. Dylan Adams had 3 kills, 2 blocks, and 5 assists. Freshman A Team is 5-1 in district.
Freshman B Team played Whitehouse and won in two sets 25-19 and 25-23. Karis Pollard had 3 digs. Joey Forsyth put up 4 kills and 5 aces. Angelina Jansen added 3 kills for the Lady Eagles. The Freshman B Team is 6-4 on the season. The Lady Eagles are back in action Friday at Chapel Hill. Varsity will play first at 4:30 pm; JV and Freshman A to follow at 6:00 pm.