High School All-Region Band Results.
High School All-Region Band Results.
Information Provided by Steven Moore

All-Region Band Try-Out Results

Students recently went to TJC for All-Region Band auditions. Freshman attended the tryouts after school on Friday, December 13 and the High School try-outs were all day Saturday, December 14. Students who earned a chair will perform in January at the All-Region Clinic and Concert.

I am extremely proud of these young men and women for this outstanding accomplishment,” Band Director Steven Moore said. “All-Region is something that is done outside of class. These students put in time on the music, going above and beyond what is expected of them in the classroom to achieve this high level of musicianship.”

Thirty students made the High School All-Region Band, with 14 of those advancing to the area level. Those students will compete in the Area Auditions in January at Duncanville High School and try to earn a chair the TMEA 5A or 6A All-State Band. 

“I loved being able to go and compete with other band members in our region,” junior Alison Cheney said. “Being able to see the results of all of the time and effort I’ve put into this music has been really satisfying, not to mention the friendships I make with all the like-minded people I meet at the try-outs and the clinic.”

I loved being able to go and compete with other band members in our region. Being able to see the results of all of the time and effort I’ve put into this music has been really satisfying, not to mention the friendships I make with all the like-minded people I meet at the try-outs and the clinic.

— Junior Alison Cheney

Out of the students who made the High School All-Region Band, there were seven each of freshmen and sophomores. The remainder were 12 juniors and four seniors.

“I did high school All-Region this year and last,” sophomore Lian Boone said. “At first, it’s really intimidating, but as you get used to it, it seems like it gets easier. The competition is stiff, but I enjoy the challenge.”