28 students competed to find a place in the All Region Choir, and 23 students made it.

Students Make All-Region Choir

Choir students competed at the TMEA All-Region Mixed Choir contest on Saturday. 23 students made the all-region choir across their respective categories.

I am very proud of the progress the choir program has shown in just a little over a year,” Choir Director Kerry Baham said. “These students have shown perseverance in their preparation and have been rewarded by being named a member of the All Region Choir.”

At the competition, choir students competed against 200 singers to make the choir. Of the 21 schools competing at the auditions, LHS received the second highest number of any school in region 21. 

“To make the All Region choir, each singer must be a dedicated musician and scholar,” Baham said. “Excellent educated singing requires not only talent but a disciplined work ethic to help master not only the notes and rhythms but also the often used foreign language pronunciations.” 

After making the choir, students are invited to the all-region clinic where they will perform a concert with other members of the All Region Choir. The TMEA Region 21 All Region Clinic and Concert will be held on Saturday, November 9 at Carthage High School. 

“I’m very excited to have made the choir,” junior Jade Ross said. “It’s great to see all the hard work I’ve put into the program eventually pay off.”

The following students made the choir:

Soprano : Vanessa Butterfield, Gracie Day, Jayden Gregory, Sarah Krol, Sarah Richardson, Jade Ross, Sydney Toon, Mercedes Trasancos

Alto : Emily Beard, Halle Lambert, Madison Klinkovsky, Elizabeth Montgomery, Piper Reid, Miranda Sanchez, Norah Taylor, Bailey Thorn

Tenor : Xander Dickerson, Bradley Jones 

Bass : Gavin Barrett, Nathaniel Fitzgerald, Saul Ramirez, Barrett Stanford, Ian Wishart