Positive sticky note on the door of the library. They can be found here, doors of classrooms, and in the foyer.

Junior Spreads Kindness and Positivity Around the School

Junior Evan Marquez has been placing post-it notes around the school for the past two weeks. He writes positive slogans on the notes and puts them on various parts of the school. 

I don’t know that his intention was to ever be found out; however, he deserves the spotlight,” English teacher Dacia Taylor said. “I love that it has been done in secret without seeking attention.”

Marquez was inspired by Taylor after she told him about a positive message push-pin board that some Student Council students did. They would leave notes of encouragement, jokes, Bible verses and other similar things.

Marquez’s true intention is to bring light to the school. Students will be able to see them everywhere they turn. 

“Today’s world is so set on tearing itself apart, I don’t see what could be bad about trying to put a little bit back together,” Marquez said. “I want to be that person that people can come to and confide in. I want to help make the world a better place by loving one another rather than hating one another.”

Along with brightening the days of other students, Marquez is able to honor a loved one. He lost a dear friend to suicide, and he is doing this in remembrance of her. 

Not many people know about this, and how it affected me,” Marquez said. “I try not to show it, but I know that she wasn’t the only one. I want people to know they are loved so that suicide stops. I want people to know they can make it. I don’t want to lose anyone else.”