(LHS Honor Roll photo from left to right): LISD Education Foundation Parent/Staff Relations Committee Chair Judy Seifert, Lindale High School Custodian Barbara Calip, LISD Education Foundation Director Bernie Demers, LHS Family and Consumer Sciences Instructor Alethea Allen, Lindale ISD Superintendent Stan Surratt

Outstanding Lindale ISD staffers surprised with honor roll award

There were some tears of joy, quite a few smiles and plenty of hugs during the Lindale ISD Education Foundation’s surprise presentations of the Honor Roll Award on Thursday.
Members of the foundation’s Parent and Staff Relations Committee and Lindale ISD Superintendent Stan Surratt visited the LISD Administration Building, Early Childhood Center and Lindale High School to present the awards to six employees. The LISD Honor Roll Award was created by the foundation to recognize employees who approach their jobs with outstanding effort, positivity, and cheerfulness. They are often unsung heroes of the district who work hard to provide an effective and safe learning environment for students. Honorees are nominated for the award by other LISD staff members. The award is presented two times each school year, once during the fall semester and again during the spring.
Fall 2013 Honor Roll Award recipients are: Lindale ISD Director of Maintenance Ed Reinhardt; Lindale High School Custodian Barbara Calip; Lindale High School Family and Consumer Sciences Instructor Alethea Allen; Early Childhood Center Custodian Janie Lomas, Early Childhood Center cafeteria worker Diana Jarrett; and Early Childhood Center Secretary Aimee Ryzman. The award winner’s nomination was read over the public address system at the campuses.
“I am still surprised and in shock,” Ryzman said after the award presentation. “I do not believe any award could mean as much to me as one in which you are honored by your peers. I am a very blessed to have the privilege of working in the best school district in the state of Texas and with the most dedicated people. My peers bring me joy and make my job easy. Thank you for this honor.”
Recipients of the Honor Roll Award will also be recognized at the Lindale ISD Education Foundation’s Academic Excellence Recognition Banquet in May. The annual event is held to honor the top 10 Lindale High School graduates, distinguished LISD teachers and exemplary staff members.
“The Lindale ISD Education Foundation is proud to present the Honor Roll Award during the school year,” foundation executive director Maya Bethany said. “There are so many LISD employees who deserve recognition and often they are never truly shown just how much their effort is appreciated. We can never fully express our gratitude for all they do to make Lindale schools great, but this is our small gesture to say ‘thank you.’”