• Final Bond Results --5,617 For, 2,657 Against--The Bond Passes

Athlete Spotlight: Doubles Tennis Partners Seniors Brady Smith and Aaron Gambrell

Back to Article
Back to Article

Seniors Aaron Gambrell and Brady Smith play as partners on the varsity tennis team. The team advanced to regionals.

Carter Colvin

Carter Colvin

Carter Colvin

The ball bounces across the court and over the net. Seamlessly, the players work together to win the match.

Seniors Aaron Gambrell and Brady Smith play as double’s partners in tennis. With their determination and dedication, their coach chose these two players to spotlight.

“They are both outstanding players with a lot of experience,” tennis coach Randal Namanny said. “They are both great leaders on the team, and they are dedicated to the team.”

Gambrell is a four year varsity tennis player. He has been playing since he was eight years old when his brother started to play.

They are both outstanding players with a lot of experience”

— Randal Namanny

“It takes a lot of patience to play tennis,” Gambrell said. “I love how it’s a sport that anyone can play. You just have to pick up a raquet.”

Smith is a three and a half year varsity tennis player. He has been playing since junior high school.

“I like that tennis is a focus sport,” Smith said. “It takes a lot of practice and listening to your coaches to play tennis.”

Last season the tennis team won third place in regionals. This fall season, the team went to regionals as a doubles team.

“It’s great to play with Aaron because he is a very skilled player,” Smith said. “I think that our playing styles match, so we are compatible.”