Filed under Staff Blogs

Better In Stereo

Sammy Young Plans to go to University for Audio Engineering

Back to Article
Back to Article

Better In Stereo

The keyboard and computer rest on the floor. These have been the devices that help me make music for months now.

Deciding what you want to do with your life is generally a very hard decision. Whether you want to work in business or be an artist, many people do not know what they want to do. I personally want to go to a trade school for audio engineering.

Audio engineering is a career that involves mixing and mastering instrumentals and vocals for musicians. Audio engineers are the people behind the scenes of music that make everything sound professional.

I found out this is what I wanted to do based on fifteen years of listening to music. I eventually decided I was tired of listening, and I wanted to start creating. So, that day, I downloaded a digital audio workstation, which is the most important tool producers use to arrange and create their instrumentals.

Music is, and always will be, my passion.”

The next year, I made making music for at least two or three hours a day. It became my passion. It was, and still is, all I want to do. I spent the times I wasn’t making music watching different videos about music production, and if I was out and about, I was listening to various musician podcasts. If I was in school, I was on various subreddits. I had a bit of an obsession, and I still do to this day. I spend at least five or six hours a day learning new things about music, and I love every second of it. Music is, and always will be, my passion.

As for my future, I’m planning to go to Full Sail University for audio engineering. Not necessarily because I want to mix and master other’s music, but because I want to learn to mix and master my own. I’m currently working on managing my grades, so I can be applicable for Full Sail. I know that this is where my life is going, and I’m excited to see where it takes me.