Senior Brina Kuslak spikes the ball in a game against All Saints. The team won in straight sets with scores of 25-15 in each set.
Abby Fernandez

Volleyball Loses to Lufkin, Beats All Saints

On Friday of last week, the Lindale Lady Eagles traveled to Lufkin for a match. The Freshmen A team picked up a win in three sets (25-12, 19-25, 15-9), but the JV and Varsity walked away with losses in three sets. JV scores were 20-25, 25-9, 7-15, and Varsity scores were 25-27, 21-25, and 15-25.

Tonight, the Lady Eagles swept All Saints at all three levels in straight sets. The Freshmen A team won 25-4, 25-10, and the JV won 25-12, 25-9. Varsity beat All Saints with a score of 25-15 in all three sets. Leading the Lady Eagles at the net with her first double-double of the year was Shelbi Steen (11 kills, 11 digs, 1 block). Helping at the net was London Reue (6 kills, 1 block), and Brina Kuslak, Cailynn Widemon, and Skylar Wyllie each chipped in 3 kills a piece.  Kalaya Pierce led the Lady Eagles in assists tonight with 16 total, and Harleigh Thurman followed her with 13 assists.  Libero Jennifer Moyer also added 11 digs and helped lead the defensive effort for Lindale.

The Lady Eagles are home again on Friday the 7th against North Lamar.  Varsity will play at 4:30, Freshmen B will play John Tyler at 4:30, and Freshmen A and JV will play North Lamar following the two previous matches.