New equipment sports Lindales blue and black
New equipment sports Lindale’s blue and black
Andrew Barr

High school gets new weight room

The construction of the athletic department’s new weight room concluded April 25. The new equipment is now readily available for students to use and was funded through department funds and a special GoFundMe account.

“The kids are just excited because it looks good,” head volleyball coach Jessica Camp said. “It makes them feel important and they want to use it more.”

Painting began April 20 and construction began April 22 and was finished April 25. Students were able to access the new material the week it was finished. The weight room offers both updated equipment and new tools for athletes to take advantage of, including resistance bands and buffer weights.

“It’s a good representation of Lindale athletics,” athlete Ty McDaniel said. “I think this new weight room will make people work harder and be more willing to push themselves.”

Students can now enjoy a more modern facility. Not only does this create a sense of pride for Lindale athletics, but it provides the motivation that high school students need.

“The new weight room is great and the equipment really fits our needs,” junior Andrew Barr said, “I enjoyed seeing our athletes and community come together to raise money for something so important to Lindale Athletics.”